Teaching kids to “walk tall” through stilt walking and dancing from West African and Caribbean traditions.
Tad-Poles is a semester-based arts education program open to all individuals 12+ years of age. It gives participants the opportunity to “Walk Tall” as they dance, do acrobatics, and entertain audiences on stilts.
- Create an appreciation of the performing arts and cultural understanding of the arts from other countries
- Cultivate the skills of imagination and collaboration
- Encourage good health through joyful physical activity
- Offer opportunities to build confidence through community performances
- Connect participants to enriching educational experiences with guest artists from around the world
Experience The Arts
The Tad-Poles Mission is to: foster cultural pride and encourage tolerance and collaboration, give children in underserved communities the opportunity to experience the arts free of charge and encourage good health through joyful physical activity.
Guest artists from around the world join Amphibian’s Tad-Poles each year to deepen and enrich the educational experience and enhance the impact of performances.