Breaking down barriers to empathy and communication.
Educational and Community PartnershipsLearn more about our community outreach.
Tad-Poles Stilt Dancing
Tad-Poles is a semester-based arts education program open to all individuals 12+ years of age. This outreach program gives participants the opportunity to “Walk Tall” as they dance, do acrobatics, and entertain audiences on stilts.
- Create an appreciation of the performing arts and cultural understanding of the arts from other countries
- Cultivate the skills of imagination and collaboration
- Encourage good health through joyful physical activity
- Offer opportunities to build confidence through community performances
- Connect participants to enriching educational experiences with guest artists from around the world
DE-CRUIT, developed by Stephan Wolfert, a US Army veteran, is the process of interweaving personal writings with veteran-related Shakespeare texts, applying stage skills for life skills, and completing the communalization of trauma within the veteran community.
Shakespeare wrote at a time when England was involved in many conflicts. Therefore his plays feature characters who speak very clearly about trauma. Throughout the course, veterans select Shakespearian monologues that fit their experiences and are coached through line-by-line analysis
The program is scientifically evaluated under the guidance of Dr. Alisha Ali of the New York University’s Department of Applied Psychology, with the help of EEGs, Heart Coherence, and psychological surveys.
This program is aligned with the Tarrant County Veteran’s Treatment Court Diversion Program.