We’ve always been more than a stage… and we’re putting this idea into practice now more than ever.
What We’ve Been Up To…Learn more about our community outreach.
Producing digital and audio theater experiences for our members and patrons to enjoy in the safety of their home like The true history of the tragic life & triumphant death of Julia Pastrana, the ugliest woman in the world (2003, 2012), Play reading of the ‘Life Jacket’, Video performance series for PRIDE, Juneteenth, Latin and Latin X Heritage Month, Kwanzaa, ?
- Creating an online version of our DE-CRUIT classes to maintain our connection with and support PTS affected veterans in our community
- Launching DE-CRUIT: Civilian – a new online program for anyone impacted by anxiety and trauma, based on our scientifically proven, veteran designed De-Cruit classes
- Creating job opportunities for actors, designers and others who lost work due to this crisis through virtual and outdoor, socially distant events like Comedy Festival, Tad-Pole grams
- Partnering with James L. West Alzheimer Center, Tarrant County Public Health and by employing costumers to help provide 2000 + units of PPE for the safety of staff, patients, community outreach volunteers and school district employees
- Supporting our neighbors by promoting small businesses in the Near Southside area and South Main Village
BY ROGER CALDERON, DIRECTED BY EMILY SCOTT BANKS
Presenting a first-read of Roger Calderon’s play, Iron Henry, inspired by the Brothers Grimm fairy tale “The Frog-King, or Iron Henry.” Revolving around a grieving royal courtier who must find a way to move forward after his best friend’s disappearance.
Take My Milk for Gall
BY LEELA VELAUTHAM, DIRECTED BY ILLANA STEIN
Presenting a first-read of Leela Velautham’s play, Take My Milk for Gall, a prequel to Shakespeare’s Macbeth, charting the breakdown of the Macbeths’ relationship as they fail to produce an heir.